Twitter ------------ Instagram

Sunday 16 June 2013

D.I.Y. CROP A TOP...

Money tight, but feel Iike you need to update your wardrobe? why not use one of your old t shirts and D.I.Y. crop it?

 So today's post is going to be a step by step on now to do just that.. Like I said in my last post 'I HAVE MY EYE IN YOU...' That I am loving crop tops at the moment! Anything cropped, I have to have it!

So for the first time EVER I went to a car boot sale with my friends, as I have been told that it can be quite good for buying some cool vintage clothes and that its like charity/ thrift shoppiing! Now I didn't really find anything, until the very last stall we went to, I found this Adidas black, with a white logo t shirt just £3! YES THREE ENGLISH POUNDS! Mind you I don't know if it is real or fake BUT WHO CARES?! It was a size XL, so way to big to wear as a regular top so I thought I would just crop it :) (First time doing this guys... Practice makes perfect).

Now I was naughty and did forget to take a photo of the before product! My apologies!... You will need some scissors, a ruler, chalk or pencil and your hands!

Before you get your hands dirty, try on the top to make sure you know where you want the top to be cropped and mark where you want it to be chopped... Then place the top on a straight surface (I chose the floor) and carry on (if need to) marking your top for a more straight cut! THEN START CUTTING :) 


If it the cut isn't straight... Then don't worry I didn't want mine to be perfect, just adds more character and a unique look! Also with the other part of the top, you can keep it for something else fashion D.I.YEE! You never know, It may come in handy one day!



and there you have it, you now have a nice new crop top :) here is my finished result...


So with mine, as you can see I styled the top with some High waisted jeans - American Apparel and a silver chunky chain - Topshop... Now obviously you can style it how you would like to of course! Happy cropping :)

Thank you for reading! I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and wish you all a lovely fashionable day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment